Friday, October 21, 2011

Ron Paul's "Liberty Defined"

Lately, I have been listening to many of Lew Rockwell's Podcasts. I love listening to his show.



I started reading Ron Paul's Liberty Defined this afternoon.  It is such a wisp of fresh air to read this book.  I do not agree with everything he has to say but I do agree with the majority of it.  Ron Paul is able to break complicated ideas down so that it makes sense to me.  Liberty is the name of the game in his book and he walks through "50 essential issues that affect our freedom."  The issues are in alphabetical order and I am only to the CIA, but I am enjoying it immensely.



A couple of takeaways...
  1. Ron Paul is Pro-Life.  He says that life begins at conception.  I agree.  It is hard to disagree.  The only thing that can make a human is the zygote formed at conception, so by default, it is human
  2. Ron Paul say life begins at conception, but later in the same chapter says that the day-after pill is an acceptable form of birth control.  That seems to be a contradiction to me.
  3. Assassinations and the Death Penalty are used for evil by our government.  There are too many variables, the accuracy is almost never 100%, and it is difficult to trust anyone in politics.
  4. Death penalty and Abortion are both items to be addressed at the state level, NOT by the federal government.


I look forward to having my mind stretched by reading about these issues.  Thank you Ron Paul and Lew Rockwell for teaching me about our freedoms and liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment